The Pennsylvania Society of the Sons of the Revolution (PSSR) sponsors Let Freedom Ring each July 4 at the Liberty Pavilion in Philadelphia.
Junior Members of the DSDI are invited to symbolically tap the Liberty Bell and to participate in the Let Freedom Ring program. This is a great honor for both the DSDI and its Bell Tappers.
We thank the Independence National Park Service and the PSSR for the invitation to participate in this wonderful and symbolic event.
To be designated a Bell Tapper by the DSDI, an applicant must:
- Be a Junior Member of the DSDI whose membership has been accepted by the Board, prior to being placed on the Tappers list.
- Be between 8 and 17 years of age on the 4thof July of the year in which they are to tap the Bell. We are currently filling the year 2023.
- Understand the significance of what they are doing, including the history of the Liberty Bell, the signing of the Declaration of Independence, and the Signer from whom they are descended.
- Be the guest of the DSDI at our brunch on the 4thof July, just before the ceremony at Independence Park, and attend the General Meeting in the Long Room of Independence Hall, where the tappers are introduced.
- Follow all of the schedules on the 4th that are provided by the DSDI.
- Write a thank-you note to the PSSR & the DSDI for being invited to participate in the ceremonies.
We are allowed to have eight Tappers per year. It is best to have the child’s name placed when very young, as the list requests are vast.
All of the requirements must be in place. It is a first-come, first-served basis.
Grace K. Staller
1294 ROBYNWOOD LANE
WEST CHESTER, PA 19380