You will not want to miss our spring meeting in beautiful and historic Annapolis, MD. We will be staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton with a special DSDI member rate of $105 per night. The Board of Governors Meeting will be held on that Friday at 3 p.m. at the hotel. A list of nearby restaurants where members may want to gather for supper will be included in your registration packet. Here is our Saturday schedule:
- Transportation provided to downtown Annapolis where we will meet our Watermark tour guides and board trolleys for a “Discover Annapolis” 60-minute tour to include seeing the exterior of the homes of four Signers of the Declaration of Independence.
- Four Centuries 2½ hour guided walking tour of the Historic District to include visiting the Maryland State House, the nation’s oldest state capitol building in continuous legislative use and touring the United States Naval Academy.
- Lunch with General Meeting to follow at the Fleet Reserve Club on the scenic Annapolis waterfront.
- Depart from the City Dock for a 40-minute narrated cruise of the Annapolis Harbor and shoreline of the USNA.
- Transportation provided for return to our hotel where you will have ample time to prepare for our banquet at the hotel.
On Sunday, those not attending a local church service will be invited to attend a special grave marking ceremony at the gravesite of Signer Thomas Stone in Port Tobacco, MD approximately 50 miles Southwest of Annapolis on Route 301 near the Potomac River. As plans are finalized, further details on this event will be provided.
Please note that the USNA is only accessible by walking and entry requires official photo ID such as driver’s license, passport, etc. Our tour service has several wheelchairs available for those needing assistance on the walking tour. Mark your calendars; I look forward to seeing you in Annapolis.
Lawrence “Laurie” M. Croft
1st Vice President-General
Future General Meetings
New Haven, CT September 20-22, 2013
Charleston, SC spring of 2014